If you’re feeling stressed out, you’re not alone. There are more than enough sources of stress in the world today. But don’t worry, there are also plenty of ways to relieve it. Here are 9 effective ways to relieve stress.
1. Get regular exercise. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and improve your overall health. Not only does it release endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects, but it also helps to lower cortisol levels. Cortisol is a stress hormone that can have negative effects on your health if it’s present at high levels for extended periods of time. Make sure that you do not overdo it, though, as too much exercise can actually have the opposite effect and increase levels of stress.
2. Spend time with friends and family. Spending time with loved ones is a great way to reduce stress and promote positive emotions. So, next time you’re feeling stressed, give your friends and family a call or plan a get-together.
3. Laugh more often. Laughter really is the best medicine when it comes to reducing stress. One study found that laughter decreases cortisol levels and boosts immunity, while another found that it alleviates pain by releasing endorphins.
4. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can worsen stress, so make sure you’re getting enough shut-eye every night. Most adults need around 7-8 hours of sleep per night, so aim for that goal.
5. Meditate or do yoga. Mindfulness practices like meditation and yoga have been shown to reduce stress levels by promoting relaxation and increasing feelings of calmness and well-being.
6. Practice deep breathing exercises. Deep breathing is a simple yet effective way to relieve stress quickly. When you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious, take a few deep breaths and focus on your breath moving in and out of your body. You will be surprised at how much better you feel after just a minute or two.
7. Write it down. Sometimes the simplest way to deal with stress is to just get it off your chest by writing it down in a journal or diary entry. Writing can be therapeutic and can help you to process stressful experiences so that they no longer feel so overwhelming.
8. Cut back on caffeine. Caffeine may give you a temporary energy boost, but it can also leave you feeling jittery and anxious. If you’re struggling with stress, try cutting back on your intake of coffee. Instead, opt for herbal tea or water.
9. Buy yourself Delta 10 Gummies. Delta 10 Gummies (here are Delta 10 THC edibles for sale) are a great way to reduce stress and promote relaxation. Made with THC, they help to alleviate anxiety and promote a sense of calm.
Being stressed out is, unfortunately, becoming more common these days as our lives get busier and more hectic. But the good news is that there are plenty of things you can do to relieve stress and feel better. So next time you’re feeling overwhelmed, try out one or more of these 9 effective ways to relieve stress.